St. Mary and Franklin Banner
Address: 1014 Front St. Morgan City, LA 70380 United States
The Banner-Tribune has been continuously published since its founding on April 15, 1889, as The St. Mary Banner. The St. Mary Banner encountered competition from the Franklin Tribune, an offshoot of the Patterson Tribune in 1931. In December of that same year, the owner of the St. Mary Banner died and the two papers merged to for the St. Mary and Franklin Banner-Tribune.